Thinking of migrating your store to the Shopify platform? Well, you are not alone, Lots and lots of online business owners now started preparing Shopify migration and they are in search of a reputable Shopify Store Development Company. E-commerce migration is not an easy task to do, so seeking expert assistance is a wise decision.
However, before jumping to the formidable ecommerce platform Shopify there are a few considerations every store owner needs to be aware of. This article explores all those vital procedures virtual stores who look for Shopify migration should keep in mind in detail.
Why Shopify Migration?
Before getting deeper, let’s brush up on some basics.
Shopify Store Development provides the strongest eCommerce platform for all sizes of businesses from various verticals. As a leader in providing exceptional eCommerce platforms, around 4.12 million online stores are alive using Shopify. The platform is designed to deliver an easy-to-use interface with all the essentials a virtual store requires to function efficiently.
Here are the lists of robust features provided by the Shopify platform for eCommerce stores:
- Simple and easy setup
- Wide range of themes
- SEO friendly
- Supports numerous Add-ons
- Flexible & diverse payment option
- Cost-effective & Highly scalable
Things to consider before Shopify Migration by Store owners
- Integrating Back-end Process: Having a well-managed back-end operation is the key to the success of any e-commerce store. Effective back-end integrations determine the site’s functionality and performance. So, before migrating to any platform, site owners should audit all the tools and plugins to make sure they are compatible with your site operation.
- Managing Blog Posts and Contents: When it comes to migration, the most common problem site owners face would be managing the existing blog posts and content. However, in the Shopify platform site owners can use tools or the Shopify app to manage the blog posts and content easily and effectively. This will play a huge role in managing your site in an SEO-friendly environment.
- Handling Customer Credentials: Managing customer data effectively is one of the vital things for businesses from all verticals. Often customer data, particularly customer passwords, are stored in an encrypted way. However, encryption techniques vary from platform to platform and in Shopify it is impossible to migrate encrypted passwords. So before initiating the migration process, you should send emails to customers regarding re-setting their passwords.
- Utilizing Shopify Plugins: For prompt and hassle-free migration operation, consider utilizing the Shopify Plugins. There are so many featured-rich plugins that offer all the essentials to carry out the migration process smoothly and effectively. In addition, you can make use of Shopify apps like Cart2Shop, Store Migration, Matrixify App, and so on to assist your migration process.
- Picking Suitable Shopify Plans: After considering all your site requirements and future growth, you need to pick suitable plans offered by Shopify such as Basic, Shopify, Advanced and Shopify Plus. Each of those plans has its own set of variations in features, and functions. Before migration, you need to project the total cost and initiate the migration.
- Protocol-Independent Assets: While doing site migration, you need to ensure all your website assets like theme files, images, videos, stylesheets, and so on. Those files needed to be protocol-independent without any http or https.
- Automate URL Redirects: If you are about to migrate your site, then you should make sure all your pages are crawled with their contents. Also, you need to make sure to use automated URL redirects. So that any of your potential customers or viewers will get 404 error pages.
- Customer Service and Support: Whenever you are re-platforming your website always considers choosing the platform offering exceptional support and services. So that you can easily sort out any issues raised in the middle of the migration process. Shopify platform provides 24/7 live customer support service to assist its customers.
Apart from that, there are a few aspects that site owners need to focus on to make sure their sites are well-optimized to SEO standards.
SEO Practices To Follow: Pre-Migrations
- Always consider taking a backup of your old store.
- Get ready for your Shopify store before shutting your old store.
- Prefer going global by setting up multi-lingual stores in the Shopify platform.
- Make sure to use all the essential SEO apps and plugins.
- Review all your internal links.
SEO Practices To Follow: Post-Migrations
- Consider setting up Google Search Console.
- Go for Google Analytics 4.
- Consider performing regular SEO audits and monitors.
- Always make sure you have maximum SEO protection on the Shopify platform.
Choosing Shopify as your eCommerce platform for your online store is the best and wise thing. Shopify migration and Shopify Store Development require careful monitoring of several factors and you should not consider taking any risks, It’s better to hire professionals from reputable Shopify Store Development Company. Migration experts can carry out your site migration without any trouble and ensure your site performs well on the new platform.